Fast with us in 2019!
|Young Again's Latest Article|
Most Medicated Nation on Earth - Roger Mason
Americans spend well over $300 billion a year on toxic prescription drugs. Yet, they spend a mere $1.5 billion (0.5%) on safe food supplements. This is a factor of more than 150 to 1. Americans swill down more toxic, harmful prescription drugs by far than anyone else. The government is telling people food supplements are not only useless, but downright "harmful" and should be outlawed.
Every year we take even more drugs! Half of all Americans are on at least one prescription drug. Five out of six of those over the age of 65 take at least one drug. A stunning half of those over 65 take three or more drugs! Over 200,000 people in America fall over dead from prescription drugs every year. It's the fourth leading cause of death. No one has ever died from taking vitamin supplements. The cost of all this insanity is almost $2 trillion dollars a year for overall “health” care. This has nothing to do with health! Remember the total GNP (gross national product) is only $14 trillion. One seventh of all our money goes to allopathic (cover up the symptom) medical care of some kind. Yes, $1 out of every $7 goes to symptomatic medical treatments. Men can expect now to live to 74, and women to 80. If you reach the age of 65, then men can expect to live to 82, and women to 85. Our quality of life is pathetic however. Longevity without quality of life is misery and suffering, not really living at all. Quality of life is everything. Length of life without quality of life has no meaning at all.
Consider these facts:
-Americans borrowed 88 billion to pay their medical bills in 2018.
-3.7 trillion dollars was spent on health care in the United States in 2018. That breaks down to $10,739 per person.
-If our health care system was a country, it would have the fifth largest GDP on the entire planet.
–76 percent of Americans believe that they pay too much for the quality of health care that they receive.
-Out of the 36 counties in the OECD, the U.S. ranks 31st in infant mortality.
-Pharmaceutical companies spend approximately 30 billion dollars a year to market their drugs to all of us.
-The median charge for visiting an emergency room in the United States is well over a thousand dollars.
One in ten American adults take an antidepressant. Half women aged 40 to 60 take some type of psych drug. That's right, half of women over 40 are drugged up on antidepressant or anti-anxiety drugs. This is incomprehensible! The most affluent nation on earth is also the most miserable.
Well, what drugs are we shoving down our throats? What are the top ten money producing poisons?
1) Levothyroxine (T4). This is a natural thyroid hormone. The real question here is why low thyroid function (T3 and T4) is such an epidemic in America. Why isn't T3 being used with T4?
2) Lisinopril (Prinivil) for blood pressure. Hypertension is the most common medical condition in the whole world. Read my book Lower Blood Pressure Without Drugs.
3) Lipitor (atorvastatin). One of a long list of dangerous cholesterol lowering drugs.
The side effects are exceed the supposed "benefits".
4) Metformin (Glucophage) for diabetes. One in three children will grow up diabetic. Diabetes is the fastest growing disease in the world. It is now literally an epidemic. Metformin just makes you worse.
5) Amlodipene (Norvasc) is another hypertension medication. Again, read my hypertension book. Our annual consumption of 160 pounds of various sugars is the main cause.
6) Metoprolol. (Lopressor) A beta blocker blood pressure medication. Why not use diet and lifestyle to lower blood pressure?
7) Omeprazole (Prilosec) for acid indigestion. We eat twice the calories we need, twice the protein we need, eight times the fat we need, and 160 pounds of various sugars we don’t need at all. We eat a mere 1% whole grains. No wonder we have indigestion!
8) Simvastatin. (Zocor) for cholesterol. Yes, this technically lowers cholesterol, but does nothing at all to lower CHD disease in any way, shape or form. The side effects are hideous, and it destroys your liver. Americans have an average cholesterol level of about 240, when it should be about 150. Read my book Lower Cholesterol Without Drugs.
9) Losartan Cozaar). Another toxic drug with serious side effects to falsely lower blood pressure with no resulting benefits.
10) Albuterol (ProAir). An aerosol broncodilator for people with asthma and other lung problems. Serious side effects such as migraine headaches and nausea.
Other popular toxins include gabapentin (anticonvulsant), Microzide (diuretic), hydrocodeine (pain), Lunesta (sleep) sertaline (Zoloft for depression), Lasix (diuretic), Flonase (steroid broncodilator), acetominophen (pain), Amoxil (antibiotic), Xanax (sedative), Tenormin (beta blocker), Nexium (reflux), Plavix (anti-coagulant), Advair (asthma), Prevacid (heartburn), Seroquel (depression), Singulair (asthma), Effexor (depression), Oxycontin (pain), Ambien (insomnia), Lexapro (depression) Actos (diabetes), Protonix (heartburn), Vitorin (cholesterol), and Topamax (migraine). More and more the anti-depression and psych meds are going to be the most popular.
Folks, just imagine how much better life would be in America if we spent that $2 trillion dollars on healthy, natural, whole foods, good supplements, and natural hormones instead of poisons. Our entire quality of life would go up dramatically. You cannot poison your way to health. Good diet and lifestyle are the key to good health. Read the article Seven Steps to Natural Health. One of the seven is no prescription drugs. It would require an entire book to even begin to cover this problem at all. We have failed as a nation in every way.
www.youngagain.org Young Again is a trademark of Young Again Products, Inc., Wilmington, N. C. Copyright 2005, 2006 Young Again Products, Inc., Wilmington, N.C. All Rights Reserved