The article library of YoungAgain.org
Most Medicated Nation on Earth - Roger Mason
Americans spend well over $300 billion a year on toxic prescription drugs. Yet, they spend a mere $1.5 billion on safe food supplements. This is a factor of more than 150 to 1. Americans swill down more toxic, harmful prescription drugs by far than anyone else. The government is telling people food supplements are not only useless, but downright "harmful" and should be outlawed.
Every year we take even more! Half of all Americans are on at least one prescription drug. Five out of six of those over the age of 65 take at least one drug. A stunning half of those over 65 take three or more drugs! Over 200,000 people in America fall over dead from prescription drugs every year. The cost of all this insanity is almost $2 trillion dollars a year for overall “health” care. This has nothing to do with health! Remember the total GNP (gross national product) is only $14 trillion. One seventh of all our money goes to allopathic (cover up the symptom) medical care of some kind. Men can expect now to live to 74, and women to 80. If you reach the age of 65, then men can expect to live to 82, and women to 85. Our quality of life is pathetic however. Longevity without quality of life is misery and suffering, not really living at all. Quality of life is everything. Length of life without quality of life has no meaning at all.
Well, what drugs are we shoving down our throats? What are the top ten money producing poisons?
1) Hydrocodone. Are we really in that much pain that opiates are the most popular drug in America? Read the article Pain Medication at www.youngagain.org. Hydrocodone is not toxic when taken temporarily in normal amounts (e.g. 10 to 20 mg a day). However, in America, all hydrocodone was filled with 500 mg of toxic acetominophen. This is totally unnecessary of course. Acetominophen is so harmful it should be banned outright. In 2013 pure hydrocodone (Zohydro) finally became available.
2) Simvastatin (Zocor) for cholesterol. Yes, this technically lowers cholesterol, but does nothing at all to lower CHD disease in any way, shape or form. The side effects are hideous, and it destroys your liver. Americans have an average cholesterol level of about 240, when it should be about 150. Read my book Lower Cholesterol Without Drugs.
3) Lisinopril (Prinivil) for blood pressure. Hypertension is the most common medical condition in the whole world. Read my book Lower Blood Pressure Without Drugs.
4) Levothyroxine or T4 (Synthroid). This is a bioidentical thyroid hormone, and very beneficial to those with low thyroid function. Hypothyroid is an epidemic in all civilized countries. What about triiodothyronine or T3 (Cytomel)? This should also be a top ten prescription hormone. These are both bioidentical hormones.
5) Amiodipine (Norvasc) is another hypertension medication. Again, read my hypertension book. Our annual consumption of 160 pounds of various sugars is the main cause.
6) Omeprazole (Prilosec) for acid indigestion. We eat twice the calories we need, twice the protein we need, eight times the fat we need, and 160 pounds of various sugars we don’t need at all. We eat a mere 1% whole grains. No wonder we have indigestion!
7) Azithromycin (Zithromax) is a powerful antibiotic. Where are all these infections coming from? Why the need for these powerful antibiotics?
8) Amoxicillin (Amoxil). Another powerful antibiotic. These antibiotics ruin our digestive systems by killing the beneficial flora in our intestines.
9) Metformin (Glucophage) for diabetes. One in three children will grow up diabetic. Diabetes is the fastest growing disease in the world. It is now literally an epidemic. Metformin just makes you worse.
10) Hydrochlorothiazide (HydroDIURIL) is a diuretic to help get excess water (edema) out of the body. Water retention is due to hormone imbalance and poor general health.
What are some of the other best selling poisons? Lipitor (cholesterol), Nexium (reflux), Plavix (anticoagulant), Advair (asthma), Prevacid (heartburn), Seroquel (depression), Singulair (asthma), Effexor (depression), Oxycontin (pain), Xanax (anxiety), Furosemide (hypertension), Ambien (insomnia), Lexapro (depression) Actos (diabetes), Protonix (heartburn), Vitorin (cholesterol) and Topamax (migraine). More and more the anti-depression and psych meds are going to be the most popular. Some authorities claim that 1 in 4 adult American women are on some kind of psych medication. Probably true.
Folks, just imagine how much better life would be in America if we spent that $2 trillion dollars on healthy, natural, whole foods, good supplements, and natural hormones instead of poisons. Our entire quality of life would go up dramatically. You cannot poison your way to health. Good diet and lifestyle are the key to good health.
Click here to return to the article library.